Monday, April 14, 2008

Restricted Free Agent Period Ends

On Friday, the restricted free agent period ended with Dominique Foxworth, Karl Paymah, and Hamzah Abdulla still wearing Broncos uniforms. Paymah and Abdulla are going to need solid training-camp performances to keep their jobs. Foxworth is a lock to make the team. As you may recall, I'm a card-carrying member of the Dominique Foxworth fan club. He'd be a huge loss to the team, both on the field and in the locker room. I'm glad we managed to keep him for at least another season.

Its worth noting that only 4 out of over 100 restricted free agents switched teams this year. Among them: Center Chris Myers in a trade from Denver to Houston.

CORRECTION! Kyle from BroncoTalk.net kindly informed me that I missed the boat on this article! Apparently the RFA period ends this Friday rather than last Friday. Let's hope my article is prescient rather than just plain incompetent!

2 comments:

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle said...

I think you misread the DPO article. The restricted free agency period ends this coming Friday the 18th, not last Friday.

Cheers.